How to set up the Overview application and the Project dashboard
This GroupCamp FAQ article explains how to control the data which are visible in the project dashboard and how to customize the dashboard.
Access to dashboard settings is restricted to project leaders. The project leaders are the colleagues selected in the Project leaders field of the Project Settings window.
In this article:
- Select data displayed by the Dashboard of the Overview application
- Copy settings from another project
- Default values for new projects
- Who can see which data. User privileges.
- Hide the Overview app to your guests. Use private objects.
In the Overview app, click on the Application settings icon.
Sort and select the data widgets you want to display in the Project Dashboard.
Use the Copy settings from another project button and select another project to copy its settings.
Go to the Admin Panel. Click on the Project module. In the Features tab, use the Manage button of the Overview app.
Administrators can set default values that will be used when creating new projects.
Project members view the data based on their privileges. Examples:
- I see Estimated time for the Tasks app -> I have access to the Estimated time widget.
- I see Billable time (Timesheet) -> I have access to billable time spent data in the Timelog widgets.
The Privileges of members application lists the data access privileges for the Overview app.
Project leaders and authorized colleagues have access to this app.
PRIVILEGE: Modules > Project > The user is Project member > View > Privileges of members
The privacy of the Overview app can be configured in the settings of each project. To read more about guests and private objects, please consult these FAQs: